Sunday, January 16, 2011

How Can You Tell Asthma From Cystic POC- People of another culture

I think it's interesting now That agents / editors Are Asking for more diversity in YA. Fourth Generation I'm a Mexican American. My great-grandmother - greatgrandmother - family meat from Sonora, Mexico and Work Until the border migrants as meat up.

I did not really come into my own culture Until I Became a bilingual teacher near East LA. I Could not believe how it WAS hard to find any literature That Reflect the Population I Taught. Also I WAS looking into my own roots - roots. As a bilingual / bicultural grad student at CSU Fullerton I had a great advisor, Dr. Ana Garza and a wonderful Chicano Studies professor Dr. Ortega, Who helped me find out more about my Mexican roots and why my family Avoided it. Also I found

Some great authors Gary Soto, who's Fresno, Culture too. PHOENIX RISING has

Esperanza Espie, who's future dream mirrors to radical groups only with a tragic consequence. The Society's logo Reflects Something from ancient Aztec mythology.

Today I got a Google alert That Had EARRINGS OF IXTUMEA listed under Latin characters in YA:


http://blackteensread2.blogspot.com/


I for one want more Latino characters and Other Minorities in YA. And please no stereotypical characters! Selena is a second generation Mexican American who loves glamorous stars from the 50s, visiting vintage shops, And Also joking about her old older sister's love of a good novel with hunkie One of Those guys on the front cover.

I love multi-cultural books. On YA Books

0 comments:

Post a Comment